Posted on September 06, 2017 by Kim Mead
When you think of a burger you normally consider it a treat and an unhealthy one at that. But this is not true in all cases. There are many different ways to create a healthy burger which means that you may be able to treat yourself more often! One of these burgers is the chicken cordon bleu burger. here’s how to make it.
- 1 chicken breast, minced
- 1/3 cup sliced ham, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 tbsp mustard
- Up to 8 small slices of bread (preferably pumpernickel)
- 6 spinach leaves
- 5 tbsp chopped shallots
- Preheat the grill to a medium-high heat.
- Whilst this is happening, mix the mustard with 1 tbsp of shallots and place in a small bowl.
- Then place the remaining shallots, chicken, ham and salt and pepper into another bowl and mix together and shape into patties.
- Grill the burgers for around 5 minutes on each side.
- Once cooked through, top each burger fillet with cheese and place under the grill again to allow the cheese to melt.
- To finalise, place the burger between 2 slices of toasted pumpernickel bread, spread with the mustard/shallot mix, and finish with some spinach.
Julian Debrah Gym & Spa Operative, Dickens Yard