Posted on September 01, 2017 by Louisa Feary
If you’re looking for a healthier alternative to that sweet snack, here’s our version of healthier flapjacks packed full of fruit and nuts without the added sugar and butter. Make these at the weekend to include in everybody’s lunchboxes. The oats will provide slow release energy to fuel a busy day and the fruit is a good source of natural sugar with the peanut butter giving an extra boost of protein to keep those muscles strong. Enjoy!
- 150g porridge oats
- 150g blended pitted dates
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 100g mixed dried fruit-chopped
- 50g mixed nuts-chopped
- 3 tbsp of honey
- 100g healthy fat spread (dairy or dairy free)
- Heat the blended dates, peanut butter, honey and spread until all melted and mixed.
- Removed from heat and add all remaining ingredients. Stir until evening mixed.
- Spread in a square tin and bake at 190c until gorgeously golden brown.
- Remove from oven and score into even squares, big or small it’s up to you!