Posted on March 11, 2018 by Louisa Feary
Cooking with Coconut
Coconut is a great way to add flavour and nutrition to your dishes as well as a great dairy alternative for creamy dishes.
Prawn Salad with toasted coconut.
Mix in a bowl king prawns, lemon juice, sea salt, paprika, seasme oil and chili flakes. Spoon into some lettuce leaves and top with some coconut flakes that have been lightly toasted in a dry pan.
1 tbsp red curry paste
400g can coconut milk
100g pack mixed mushroom
1 block of wide rice noodles, soaked according to pack instructions
1 fat green chilli, sliced into rings
½ bunch spring onions
- Heat a saucepan, then fry the curry paste for 1 min. Add the coconut milk and half a can of water, then bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 mins until slightly thickened.
- Throw in the mushrooms and simmer for another 2 mins. Stir in the drained noodles, beansprouts and most of the chilli and spring onions, then heat for another min. Serve in deep bowls, scattered with the rest of the chilli and onions.
Chocolate and Coconut bowl
- Pour one can of coconut milk into a whisking bowl with some melted dark chocolate, 2 tbsp of maple syrup and some peppermint oil.
- Whisk on high until all combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk egg whites until stiff and spoon into the chocolate mix and combine gently.
- Pour into serving bowls and set in the fridge until stiff.
Louisa Feary, PR & Marketing