Posted on September 28, 2020 by Josh Puttock
Here at motive8 we strongly believe it is important to look after your physical health but also your wellbeing, which incorporates your mental and social state and incorporates the following:
- The sense of feeling good about ourselves and being able to function well individually or in relationships
- The ability to deal with the ups and downs of life, such as coping with challenges and making the most of opportunities
- The feeling of connection to our community and surroundings.
- Having control and freedom over our lives.
- Having a sense of purpose and feeling valued.
Exercise can play a crucial part in all the above as it can impact our mood, stress levels, self-esteem, depression, anxiety and helps us to overcome many barriers.
Some tips we would recommend to get started are listed below:
- Make time to exercise
- Be practical in what you can and can’t do and commit
- Chose the right workouts for your level and ability
- Make it part of your everyday routine (remember to start slowly)
- Make it part of your goals
- Find ways to keep on track at home, work and out and about
There are also a number of organisations which can help such as the NHS, but as always we encourage you to speak to a member of the motive8 staff who will do what they can to help you find the best sources possible for your development.
By Daniel Crooks-May, Gym & Spa Manager, London Dock