Posted on May 02, 2018 by Josh Puttock
Most of us enjoy a tasty muffin, but the problem is that they aren’t usually filled with the healthiest of ingredients.
It doesn’t have to be this way though, and that’s where we can help. We’ve come up with a great protein-heavy muffin recipe.
So put away the chocolate and try making this blueberry flavoured alternative. It’s filled with good stuff and tastes amazing!
- Greek yogurt
- 1 cup oatmeal flour
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 3 eggs whites
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 banana, mashed
- 3 scoops of vanilla whey protein
- Teaspoon cinnamon
- Half teaspoon baking powder and baking soda
- Teaspoon orange zest
- Cup of blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F
- Spray organic baking spray in the muffin cups
- In one bowl place the egg whites, greek yogurt, honey, vanilla extract and mashed banana.
- In the second bowl combine the oatmeal flour, vanilla protein powder, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and orange zest.
- Combine flour mix into egg mix.
- Fill the tins ¾ of the way.
- Place 8 blueberries on top of the mixture.
- Bake for 20 mins.
Leave it out to cool down, then eat it up!
By Jefferson Agudelo