Posted on November 30, 2017 by Louisa Feary
Gluten Free Lemon and Coconut Loaf
This is a tasty gluten free alternative to a traditional cake which also has a yummy coconut flavour from the flour.
100g Coconut Flour
100g Almond Flour
70g Caster Sugar for the cake & 300g for the topping
100g Dairy Alternative Butter
Zest of 4 lemons
3/4 tsp Baking Powder
Juice of 4 lemons – Keep the leftover lemons!
A few drops of orange oil
- Combine the two types of flour, half the lemon zest and the baking powder in a bowl.
- Cream the sugar and butter. Beat the eggs and then combine with wet mixture.
- Bring both mixtures together and pour into a lined loaf tin.
- Bake for 25-30 mins or until cooked through.
- Whilst the cake is in the oven, boil what was left from the lemons after juicing and zesting in some water. When reduced, squeeze out the fruit and remove. Add the lemon juice, rest of the sugar and the rest of the zest. Boil to melt the sugar and cook until reduced to a jam like consistency.
- When the cake is cool pour the warm sauce over the top which should set on the top.
Louisa Feary, Marketing