Posted on August 15, 2017 by Kim Mead
A light summery salad perfect for sharing as a side dish or making ahead for a healthy lunch.
• 3 cups of pre-cooked quinoa, cold
• 1 ½ cups of small cherry tomatoes, cut in half
• 1 cup cucumber, unseeded, diced
• 1 tablespoons finely chopped chives or spring onions
• Juice of 1 large lemon
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander
• 1 tablespoons olive oil
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Serve with: Lettuce leaves and pickled onions
1. In a salad bowl, combine the tomatoes, chopped cucumbers, chives, coriander, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
2. Add the cooked quinoa and mix well.
3. Serve quinoa salad on top of lettuce leaves and topped with onions (pickled using salt and lemon juice).
By Gonzalo Norona-Palacious, Gym & Spa Operative, Fulham Reach