Posted on April 20, 2018 by Josh Puttock
Most of us love a great curry, right? So whether you’re vegetarian or not, this meat-free dish is bound to whet your appetite. Give it a go, and see what you think…
- 1 egg
- 100g potatoes, cut into medium dice
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 celery stalk, finely diced
- ½ tsp olive oil
- 2g butter
- 100ml carton double cream
- ½ tsp ginger, grated
- ½ tsp garlic, grated
- ¼ tsp crushed dried chilli
- ½ tsp coriander seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- Coriander leaves, chopped to garnish
- Cook the egg in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain, cool and shell. Quarter the egg.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 5-8 minutes, until tender, then drain.
- Grind the coriander and cumin seeds in a pestle and mortar then mix with the rest of the spices.
- Put a deep frying pan over a medium heat. When hot, add the butter and oil. When it fizzes, add the ginger, garlic and onions and celery. Fry for 10 minutes, until they turn brown.
- Add the potatoes and cream to the pan and gently warm through. Put the curry on a plate, place the egg on top and stir through. Garnish with coriander leaves and crushed chilli.
By Maggie Mak, Gym & Spa Operative