INTRODUCTION AND DEFINITIONS
1.2 The term “Website” means the website accessible from this URL, being m8group.co.uk.
1.4 The terms “Data Controller” and “Personal Data” shall have the meanings given to them in the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”).
1.5 For the purposes of the Act, the Data Controller shall either be:
- Motive8 Limited (company number 04013702) of First Floor, 65 High Street, Teddlington, Middlesex, TW11 8HA, if the location selected at the time you register on the Website is marked as such (or in the ‘South’); or
- Motive8 North Limited (company number 07487095) of First Floor, 65 High Street, Teddlington, Middlesex, TW11 8HA, if the location selected at the time you register on the Website is marked as such (or in the ‘North’),
in which case, any reference to “we” or “us” shall be a reference to either Motive8 Limited or Motive8 North Limited, as the context permits.
1.6 Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Ms Jenny Cromack.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
2.1 We will collect and process the following Personal Data (and other data):
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on the Website (including health questionnaires which may include sensitive personal data) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use the Website, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on the Website, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, click and use links provided throughout, use and engage with the website in any way and when you report a problem with the Website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph;
(b) Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to the Website we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or alternative device to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (“URL”), clickstream to, through and from the Website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for’ page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in payment and delivery services). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
3.1 We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
(ii) to provide you with information about other goods and services that are similar to those that you have already purchased, enquired about or otherwise engaged with;
(iii) to notify you about changes to the Website; and
(iv) to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or internet enabled device.
3.2 Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
(a) to administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
(b) to improve the Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or internet enabled device;
(c) to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
(d) as part of our efforts to keep the Website safe and secure;
(e) to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
(f) to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
3.3 Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
4.1 We will disclose your personal information and Personal Data to third parties (including companies in our group):
- to give effect to clause 3.1 above;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
(c) if we are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
(d) if we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data in order to
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
5.2 All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
5.3 Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
6.2 The Website may from time to time, contain links to and from the sites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these websites.
7.2 For more information about Cookies and how they are used please refer to https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/.