Keeping your gym equipment, exercise machines or pool and spa working perfectly is a critical aspect of any gym operation.
Unexpected downtime can directly hit the bottom line of a commercial gym, while even for a private gym the breakdown of equipment can result in the frustrating loss of exercise time.
Regular gym, pool and spa maintenance is something you will need to consider if you want you (or your customers) to consistently get the most from their gym experience.
What to consider when choosing a maintenance provider
Here’s a gym maintenance checklist template when it comes to selecting the best gym and pool maintenance provider.
- Aftercare experience – if you cut corners on gym maintenance you will often find out the hard way. Look for a provider with proven credibility delivering maintenance contracts, expert guidance and flexibility to meet your exact needs.
- Accreditations – fine-tuning gym equipment or replacing pool UV systems needs specialist training. Check your provider has official accreditations such as the Safecontractor certification and can supply engineers who are specialists in their field.
- Technology – gym technology is increasingly getting more sophisticated. Choose a maintenance provider who can offer computer-aided facility management (CAFM) solutions to help you manage multiple facilities, provide service alerts and automate call-outs.
- Response times – when gym equipment breaks down, you need people on site fast and be able to make judgements quickly on the cost of fixing or replacing equipment. Look out for service level agreements for response times, quotes and on-site repairs.
- Regular service visits – in the gym and pool maintenance game prevention is definitely the best cure. Make sure your provider offers a reliable gym and pool maintenance schedule to keep everything running smoothly.
- Sourcing parts and spares – if your gym equipment or pool pump needs repair work, you’ll need a provider who has established supplier and manufacturer relationships to source and install replacement parts rapidly.
One maintenance contract has many benefits
You can choose separate maintenance providers for different parts of your gym operation, such as gym equipment maintenance or pool cleaning. But bringing all of your gym maintenance requirements under one provider makes a lot of sense.
motive8 has cleverly carved out its edge when it comes to one supplier contract helping to make your gym and pool maintenance costs more efficient.
For starters, you can make things easier for your staff. There’s only one number to call when things break down. And you won’t get stung when the initial engineer says it’s not their specialist area and you’ll need to call out the other supplier.
One maintenance contract also means one CAFM solution to view and manage your leisure facilities.
Best of all the supplier gets a holistic view of your whole facility. For example, motive8 will understand how everything works together – from heating, lighting and ventilation to gym equipment and water treatment – and can individually tailor services to your needs.
Under one gym and pool maintenance contract you can reduce the risk of unexpected problems and extended facility downtime.
What your gym maintenance should cover
Whether you want one contract for private gym maintenance or a reliable provider for a commercial gym facility, here is a gym maintenance checklist on the things our contract covers.
- gym equipment maintenance – motive8 can support you with regular visits for commercial or home gym maintenance. Our highly trained engineers maintain, investigate and resolve issues, and help your gym to function efficiently all year round.
- call-outs and gym repairs – if equipment breaks, we send a technician within 48 hours. All of our gym engineers are trained to service all major equipment brands and we have access to a wide range of parts for all leading manufacturers of cardiovascular and resistance equipment.
- reporting and compliance – from quick quotes on work to be undertaken to thorough testing to industry compliance standards, we can ensure you have everything you need to report risks and account for any remedial work.
- expert advice – having an expert like motive8 on call means you can get advice on replacing equipment or introducing new innovations, helping you to stay ahead of the competition and get the best from your gym space.
Key parts of a pool and spa maintenance contract
It’s a real risk to think you can read a book on pool maintenance for beginners and immediately be able to maintain and service a pool. Swimming pool and spa maintenance services need professional expertise to keep everything working properly from regular servicing, extensive equipment checks to effective plant room management.
- routine maintenance – our experienced, TnISPE qualified pool engineers carry out a regular pool maintenance schedule of cleaning and larger PPM works such as filter media changes, pump servicing, chemical dosing systems, UV, Ozone, and air handling.
- investigations and reporting – keep on top of performance and pre-empt problems, our team can carry out in-depth surveys of your pool equipment providing detailed findings on your facilities.
- testing and calibration – we have years of experience maintaining steam rooms and saunas including the testing and calibration of temperature probes, cleaning and descaling of steam generators and element testing.
motive8 is the UK market leader for full-service premium health, fitness and leisure solutions.
Contact us to benefit from one contract of expertly led, inspiring and comprehensive gym, pool, spa and water feature maintenance services.